Welcome to Control is an Installation of Typographic Monoprints, Mechanical Mind Control and Fiber Performance Art
There is a pervasive international, pan-dimensional organization known as Control responsible for cultural manipulation and management. Although the goals of the organization remain secret, Control has established a visitor center designed by artist Mitchel K Ahern.
Featuring work in large-format typographic prints on fabric, he incorporates them into performance and mechanical devices including the Scrolling Cut-Up Oracle of Control and a working Burroughs/Gysin Dream Machine in the Cone of Silence room created by Sarah Bennett.
- Mitchel K Ahern, fiber performance artist
- Show Dates: November 1 thru Nov 24, 2012
- Opening Reception: Thursday, Nov 1
- Third Thursday Opening and Performances: Nov 15
- Additional Performances: Saturdays Nov 3, 10, 17 & 24
- Atlantic Works Gallery, 80 Border St., East Boston Mass.