I work in a variety of media, but loop them back together into performance art pieces for either solo or group performances. Frequently these performances incorporate my linocut monoprints on fabric in the form of banners, scrolls or dishtowels. Often self-invented musical instruments are part of the event.
During the installation I had at the DeCordova in 2008 as part of the Annual Exhibition I heard that the curatorial team were calling me a “fiber performance artist” which I think is a perfectly dandy one-phrase term for what I do.
Fiber Performance Art Pieces
- Thermodynamic Causal Entropic Forces: Performance at Gallery 119, May 2013
- Welcome to Control: Installation and Performances at Atlantic Works, November 2012
- Martha Stewart in the Underworld
- Perky Pat Layouts
- Roving Scroll Theater: First Paragraph of On The Road (1957)
- Roving Scroll Theater: First Paragraph of On The Road (1951)
- Roving Scroll Theater: Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address
- 108 Defilements of Buddhism
- Case 29: Not The Wind, Not The Flag Scroll: Window, Tunnel Woods, Harold King Forest
- The Road from Stalingrad
- The Robot Rescue League